Promised Land app
Break away and venture on one of Tennessee’s most compelling jaunts, exploring the Promised Land Trail. Experience a variety of quaint hamlets and sprawling urban areas, classic architecture and rustic state parks, handmade crafts and lovely antiques, as well as a wide choice of activities and events that promise to more than fulfill your expectations. Customize your trail experience and share the journey with your friends.
Let this app be your guide to more than 113 points of interest along the Promised Land Trail. Filter points of Interest by interest category or by "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With the Promised Land app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, its time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including Whats Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trails points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About the Promised Land
Antiques and quilts, Southern specialties and deep history, songs as old as the hills and the very best of Cumberland culture can all be found on the Promised Land Trail, a Discover Tennessee Trails & Byways initiative. The world treasures, classic homes, Civil War sites and charming towns along this trail will take you backwards in time to experience the real history of Middle Tennessee.
Beginning in Nashville, the trail stretches over 514 scenic miles that echo with the stories of pioneers and early settlers searching for their "promised land." A unique feature about this trail is its easy access to Interstate 40 and Highway 70. Make plans to explore the quilt and craft shops. Sample delectable fare from family-owned restaurants, such as homemade chicken and dumplings, beef stew and hot cornbread, or fried green tomatoes. Join in the fun of local festivals, where guitars twang and feet keep moving.